Photo by George Dean

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Endorphins

Today, I was feeling sorry for myself. Crying & that whole jazz. I was being dumb. The Devil was really getting through to me. Don't you hate it when that happens? And you don't even let yourself realize that your world is not bad & that Satan himself is working on you..

So I went for a run.

I think God stuck endorphins into our body so that He could give us a personal hug from the inside. It made me feel so much better. I realized how silly I was to be so weak.

So I just did some quick reading on endorphins since they kind of gave me a realistic kick in the butt today. It comes from the term "endogenous morphine." Morphine--the great pain killer that so many drug addicts search for; the gold standard of pain control. Except I'm pretty sure endorphins don't cause your respiratory system to be depressed or cause constipation.. But you know--still good stuff!!

Have you experienced God's natural hug from the inside lately??

1 comment: